Saturday, January 31, 2015

And the wait is over

Alas…one of the most mysterious puzzles in my life is solved. Waiit…wait…give me a drum roll please. (Gosh this blog really IS infested with cobwebs and dust)



My placement is out! The wait is over muahahaha! And it is in Greek (Gerik…the pun is intentionally so that the place sounds awesome to my ears) - from a full time dedicated freeloader to a secondary school teacher of SMK Sultan Idris Shah II. Well hey…isn’t that happiness contagious. Let’s keep this positive vibe moving and alive, shall we?

Just for the record, Greek has never made any place into my most probable placement list. But Allah is the best planner after all and He decides that Greek is the best place for me and therefore, I concur. With patience comes hikmah (every cloud has a silver lining) and I hold to that axiom steadfastly.

My reaction throughout my 2 hour driving from Ipoh to the town of Gerik:
Hey…this looks nice. Green ok I love green. Ok…long winding road. Ok green pastures again. Ehurmmm where’s the gas station. Hang on…urmmm where are all the cars? There should be an island of civilisation somewhere...should be *starts to panic*
Bro: Kak…I think there’s a high chance that you’ll teach orang Asli kids.
Me: Wokeh…*gulps* 

To be honest, the place isn’t terrible after all. It’s more like the Coventry town or Langkawi (during my life as a secondary school student). They have a KFC and a Pizza Hut restaurant. There’s this not so bad “The Store” (the quarter size of Ipoh’s Tesco) if I have any emergency need for chocolates (surprisingly, they sell Whittaker's chocolates =Q___). The pasar tani and pasar borong (markets) sprawling widely…stretching from acres and acres of land of this town. Not to forget, this place is like the haven to every DIY enthusiast (you can get almost everything at reasonable price). Dad’s so excited to put his DIY skill to test). And to my meowies, there's a Vet Hospital within this vicinity (not bad, eh)

MY house...still a wreck of mess. I'll bring my PS3 next week (I'm feeling slightly lonely =(...).

My working place (the school) is just walking distance from my house (yep, I can proudly announce that I now have my own house). Living as a cheapskate, I am yet to refuel my car tank since the first day I departed from my hometown. My colleagues have been very pleasant…just like Gerik…very calming (serene and quiet). And students aren’t much of a struggle when it comes to discipline. Yes, just like my bro’s prediction, I do teach orang Asli kids. Frankly, I am enjoying and embracing this new experience. However, there’s only one teeny weeny drawback getting posted in this place, Gerik. Internet connection is near to depravity. You need to go up to town to get 3G…all things considered, I have installed streamyx to my house. Been satisfied ever since (no video buffering when streaming videos yehuuu!)

The JDT playing against Pahang woot! Arghhhh I should have donned my JDT's jersey...

P/S: my English command greatly deteriorates due to my 6 month unemployment stint. Pardon my lingo and my bland sentences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails